Canadian DJ Daniel Kim has released his annual mashup of popular songs from the last year.
This year, it’s in two parts and features samples from hit songs like Adele’s “Hello,” Justin Bieber’s “What Do You Mean?” Taylor Swift has the most songs in it out of any other artist other than the DJ (“Style,” “Bad Blood,” and “Wildest Dreams”). Also featured are artists like Madonna, Fetty Wap, Drake, Ariana Grande, Adam Lambert, Carly Rae Jepson, Ellie Goulding, Flo Rida.
There were so many songs to incorporate this year that he decided to do two mashups. As he explained in a statement released through Collab, a studio for people who create viral content on Vine and YouTube: “I found myself cutting down so much of the original musical pieces just to ‘jam’ in as many songs as I could.” Kim also released two versions on YouTube that have slight shorter samples of each song:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022