Olympic superstar Michael Phelps opened up about his DUI arrest and his attempt at a comeback for a Sports Illustrated profile.
“I was in a really dark place,” Phelps said of the time after his arrest last year. “Not wanting to be alive anymore.”
The profile, which includes interviews with Phelps’ close family and friends, also details the superstar’s trip to a rehabilitation facility and the turmoil within his family. Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time, plans to return to the Olympics for one last appearance in 2016.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time