Olympic superstar Michael Phelps opened up about his DUI arrest and his attempt at a comeback for a Sports Illustrated profile.
“I was in a really dark place,” Phelps said of the time after his arrest last year. “Not wanting to be alive anymore.”
The profile, which includes interviews with Phelps’ close family and friends, also details the superstar’s trip to a rehabilitation facility and the turmoil within his family. Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time, plans to return to the Olympics for one last appearance in 2016.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This