Apple wants to make it even easier to shop from your iPhone. The company on Friday rolled out a new category in the App Store that’s a hub specifically for shopping apps. Gilt, Groupon, Nordstrom, and Walgreens’ apps will be listed there, among others.
The section will also include apps aimed at helping shoppers make buying decisions.
A handful of retailers are offering deals and discounts that run through Nov. 12 to coincide with the launch. Apps for these retailers will be included in a “Save While You Shop” section within the new Shopping category. Nordstrom, for instance, is offering a free gift for buyers that spend $100 or more, while Gilt is giving those who shop through their app early access to certain bargains. Zappos is giving customers free one-day shipping and access to products that will only be available through the app, such as apparel from The North Face and UGG.
Apple’s move is another indication that tech companies are already preparing for the holiday shopping season. Amazon launched its Black Friday store last week, which is already offering discounts on everything from earbuds to boots.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now