Apple wants to make it even easier to shop from your iPhone. The company on Friday rolled out a new category in the App Store that’s a hub specifically for shopping apps. Gilt, Groupon, Nordstrom, and Walgreens’ apps will be listed there, among others.
The section will also include apps aimed at helping shoppers make buying decisions.
A handful of retailers are offering deals and discounts that run through Nov. 12 to coincide with the launch. Apps for these retailers will be included in a “Save While You Shop” section within the new Shopping category. Nordstrom, for instance, is offering a free gift for buyers that spend $100 or more, while Gilt is giving those who shop through their app early access to certain bargains. Zappos is giving customers free one-day shipping and access to products that will only be available through the app, such as apparel from The North Face and UGG.
Apple’s move is another indication that tech companies are already preparing for the holiday shopping season. Amazon launched its Black Friday store last week, which is already offering discounts on everything from earbuds to boots.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org