Apple wants to make it even easier to shop from your iPhone. The company on Friday rolled out a new category in the App Store that’s a hub specifically for shopping apps. Gilt, Groupon, Nordstrom, and Walgreens’ apps will be listed there, among others.
The section will also include apps aimed at helping shoppers make buying decisions.
A handful of retailers are offering deals and discounts that run through Nov. 12 to coincide with the launch. Apps for these retailers will be included in a “Save While You Shop” section within the new Shopping category. Nordstrom, for instance, is offering a free gift for buyers that spend $100 or more, while Gilt is giving those who shop through their app early access to certain bargains. Zappos is giving customers free one-day shipping and access to products that will only be available through the app, such as apparel from The North Face and UGG.
Apple’s move is another indication that tech companies are already preparing for the holiday shopping season. Amazon launched its Black Friday store last week, which is already offering discounts on everything from earbuds to boots.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.