The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (or RSS) is an organization known for the hard-line Hindu ideology that its millions of members and associated political parties (including the Bharatiya Janata Party of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi) espouse. But it is also known for its quirky uniforms, consisting of a white shirt and pleated khaki shorts that end above the knee — often worn by some of the country’s top politicians.
The uniform may soon change, however, with a senior member recently telling the Indian Express newspaper that the organization’s leadership is considering changing its mandated attire — the subject of many an Internet meme.
Options for the new uniform will reportedly consist of full-length trousers in multiple colors, along with a version that includes T-shirts, in order to attract more youth.
The proposed change in uniform will be discussed and possibly adopted at a meeting of the organization’s highest decisionmaking committee in March next year, though many within the RSS are said to be opposed to the idea.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization