Katy Perry is 2015’s highest-earning woman in music, according to the annual rankings Forbes released Wednesday.
The singer made $135 million this year, after grossing more than $2 million per city during 126 shows on the Prismatic World Tour, Forbes reports. She also profited from contracts with the beauty companies Covergirl and Coty and the fashion retailer Claire’s.
“I am proud of my position as a boss, as a person that runs my own company,” Perry told the magazine. “I’m an entrepreneur … I don’t want to shy away from it. I actually want to kind of grab it by its balls.”
Behind Perry is Taylor Swift, who made $80 million from her album 1989 — the biggest release of 2014, selling upwards of 3.6 million copies — and the world tour that followed it.
In third and fourth place were Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, the two female members of Fleetwood Mac, closely followed by Lady Gaga and Beyoncé.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk