Finland is launching a set of ‘national emojis’ to help promote the country’s image abroad, the Associated Press reports. Created by the Finnish Foreign Ministry, the new emoji will include classic Finnish imagery like people sweating in saunas, Nokia phones and heavy metal head-bangers.
“The Finland emojis were designed with a tongue-in-cheek approach,” Director of Public Diplomacy Petra Theman told the BBC. “But I hope they will tell the world not only about our special features, but also something about our strengths. One example is disarming honesty.”
Starting Dec. 1, the free emoji will be released one a day, like a seasonal advent calendar, so stay tuned.
If Finland’s experiment proves successful, maybe other countries will create national emoji too. We’ve already got some ideas. For Germany, a pretzel emoji. For Australia, a kangaroo emoji. For Canada, a poutine emoji. And for Wales, obviously, a corgi emoji.
Read next: Your iPhone Just Got a Bunch of New Emoji
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time