Finland is launching a set of ‘national emojis’ to help promote the country’s image abroad, the Associated Press reports. Created by the Finnish Foreign Ministry, the new emoji will include classic Finnish imagery like people sweating in saunas, Nokia phones and heavy metal head-bangers.
“The Finland emojis were designed with a tongue-in-cheek approach,” Director of Public Diplomacy Petra Theman told the BBC. “But I hope they will tell the world not only about our special features, but also something about our strengths. One example is disarming honesty.”
Starting Dec. 1, the free emoji will be released one a day, like a seasonal advent calendar, so stay tuned.
If Finland’s experiment proves successful, maybe other countries will create national emoji too. We’ve already got some ideas. For Germany, a pretzel emoji. For Australia, a kangaroo emoji. For Canada, a poutine emoji. And for Wales, obviously, a corgi emoji.
Read next: Your iPhone Just Got a Bunch of New Emoji
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space