Anna Bozman Thompson lost her eldest son, Lake, to leukemia six months ago, just weeks before his ninth birthday. But when she married longtime boyfriend Travis Thompson in Colbert, Ga., last month, she wanted Lake to be included in the photos from the day.
The mother asked her wedding photographer and friend Brandy Angel, to find a way to Photoshop her son into the pictures, which Angel was able to accomplish by inserting a faint version of Lake standing next to his family.
However, as Angel was going through the images, she said she noticed a unique light beside Thompson, according to Fox 5. “When I got home there was this amazing light in so many of the family photos that moved around them,” she said. “It never changed shape or color and it moved all around them. It even reflected off her dress in one! It had me covered in goose bumps.”
Thompson shared the photo to the “Prayers for Lake Bozman” Facebook page on Sunday, where it has received over 15,000 likes and 1,600 shares to date. She said that seeing the image gave her peace of mind.
“I needed this picture more than she or anyone could ever know. THIS is my family. And we will be together again,” she wrote on Facebook.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List