Anna Bozman Thompson lost her eldest son, Lake, to leukemia six months ago, just weeks before his ninth birthday. But when she married longtime boyfriend Travis Thompson in Colbert, Ga., last month, she wanted Lake to be included in the photos from the day.
The mother asked her wedding photographer and friend Brandy Angel, to find a way to Photoshop her son into the pictures, which Angel was able to accomplish by inserting a faint version of Lake standing next to his family.
However, as Angel was going through the images, she said she noticed a unique light beside Thompson, according to Fox 5. “When I got home there was this amazing light in so many of the family photos that moved around them,” she said. “It never changed shape or color and it moved all around them. It even reflected off her dress in one! It had me covered in goose bumps.”
Thompson shared the photo to the “Prayers for Lake Bozman” Facebook page on Sunday, where it has received over 15,000 likes and 1,600 shares to date. She said that seeing the image gave her peace of mind.
“I needed this picture more than she or anyone could ever know. THIS is my family. And we will be together again,” she wrote on Facebook.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving