Anna Bozman Thompson lost her eldest son, Lake, to leukemia six months ago, just weeks before his ninth birthday. But when she married longtime boyfriend Travis Thompson in Colbert, Ga., last month, she wanted Lake to be included in the photos from the day.
The mother asked her wedding photographer and friend Brandy Angel, to find a way to Photoshop her son into the pictures, which Angel was able to accomplish by inserting a faint version of Lake standing next to his family.
However, as Angel was going through the images, she said she noticed a unique light beside Thompson, according to Fox 5. “When I got home there was this amazing light in so many of the family photos that moved around them,” she said. “It never changed shape or color and it moved all around them. It even reflected off her dress in one! It had me covered in goose bumps.”
Thompson shared the photo to the “Prayers for Lake Bozman” Facebook page on Sunday, where it has received over 15,000 likes and 1,600 shares to date. She said that seeing the image gave her peace of mind.
“I needed this picture more than she or anyone could ever know. THIS is my family. And we will be together again,” she wrote on Facebook.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time