A 62-year-old man who got stranded alone in the Australian desert for nearly a week and survived only by eating ants said he was “lucky” to be alive.
Reg Foggerdy, a grandfather from the city of Perth, spoke to Australian broadcaster 7 News about his ordeal while hunting a feral camel. “I’d given up,” Foggerdy said, adding that he still intends to go back and find his rifle.
Stuck in the Outback without food or water, he said he got the idea to consume the insects from watching TV shows featuring survival expert Bear Grylls.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State