Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie spoke emotionally Monday about Jolie’s choice to undergo a double mastectomy and to have her fallopian tubes and ovaries removed as something she did “for the kids.”
Pitt praised his wife’s courage in making the decisions in an effort to prevent cancer.
“There was no vanity to my wife’s approach,” Pitt said on the Today show. “It was mature … she was doing it for the kids, and she was doing it for her family so we could be together.”
Jolie underwent the double mastectomy in 2013, after a gene test concluded she had an 87% chance of developing breast cancer. The ovarian surgery earlier this year came after a blood test suggested she could have early-stage ovarian cancer. The moves sparked a national debate on preventative cancer treatments.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time