Regardless of gender, biological and adoptive parents who have worked for the company for more than a year are now entitled to six weeks paid parental leave, the Wall Street Journal reports. As part of the changes, birth mothers will now be entitled to 20 weeks of paid maternity leave.
The move comes in the wake of an article by the New York Times, which depicted Amazon’s workplace as being hostile to working parents. But the company said the policy shift was a reaction to focus groups and competitors’ offerings.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization