Regardless of gender, biological and adoptive parents who have worked for the company for more than a year are now entitled to six weeks paid parental leave, the Wall Street Journal reports. As part of the changes, birth mothers will now be entitled to 20 weeks of paid maternity leave.
The move comes in the wake of an article by the New York Times, which depicted Amazon’s workplace as being hostile to working parents. But the company said the policy shift was a reaction to focus groups and competitors’ offerings.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow