Spectre, which comes up Nov. 6, is expected to be Daniel Craig’s last appearance on screen as James Bond. To figure out the best person to replace him, we built own our Bond Rating, allowing readers to compare how suitable thousands of actors and actresses are for the role.
The scoring system, described here, is pretty simple: Actors get points for having on-screen experience doing Bond-like things like, well, having sex and killing people. The average actor or actress has a Bond Rating of 28 percent. Not so average? Law, Jude Law. The 42-year-old British actor is the only actor among 3,800 we analyzed who manages a perfect score. While Gerald Butler and Christian Bale join Law as one the top ten heirs apparent, they each trail Kate Beckinsale in their Bondness. And Angelina Jolie tied Butler’s score.
Want to see who scores best? Here’s everyone who managed at least 60 percent on the scale–155 actors in all. Actors and actresses were ranked by country of origin, age and their past work on screen.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time