Although the Trans-Siberian Orchestra has lamentably cornered the market on overwrought laser-light-filled musical gimcrackery for the Christmas holiday season, there are more than enough holidays to allow its smaller-scale admirers to try their luck. And this Halloween offering, from California music teacher Tom BetGeorge, late of this and this, is commendable. BetGeorge writes that because 99% of the lights involved are LEDs, the electric bill for running the show for a month registers no more than $100. Good news perhaps to everyone but his neighbors on the cul-de-sac.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving