Over 200 days into his year-long space mission, Astronaut Scott Kelly has nearly forgotten what life is like on Earth. “There are certain senses and things that seem like, wow that was so, so long ago,” Kelly tells TIME. Peering at the third rock from the sun through an open window on his spacecraft, Kelly said he at times feels like the things he cares about most are millions of miles away.
“You definitely feel like you’re here and everyone else that’s important to you and everything that you care about and love is down there,” he says in the short clip.
TIME is producing a series of documentary films, titled A Year in Space, which can be viewed here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org