Drivers will do anything to try to avoid sitting in rush hour traffic, including enlisting the help of the undead. On Tuesday, Washington State Patrol reported that a trooper caught a carpool lane violator near Tacoma using a “zombie baby” as his second rider.
The doll was dressed in a pink onesie and black hat, and police said the man buckled it into the passenger side of his car before entering the high-occupancy vehicle lane. Trooper Guy Gill, public information officer for the Washington State Patrol District 1, tweeted a picture of the creepy prop strapped into the front seat.
Gill said the driver’s trick was not difficult for police to spot. “He did a good job dressing it up, he put some thought into it, but it was not hard to tell it was a not child,” he told the New York Daily News.
The driver was fined $136 for driving in the carpool lane, but police said they gave him a break for not having the doll in a car seat.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time