Before she was the biggest pop star on the planet, Taylor Swift was just a weird little girl who, like many of us, enjoyed dressing up in weird Halloween costumes. On Wednesday, she was kind enough to share a photo of one her best childhood costumes:
Yes, that’s a young Taylor Alison Swift dressed up as a Teletubby. The only problem with this costume, as she points out in the caption, was that this went down before the Teletubbies became wildly popular, so all the other kids wondered why she was dressed as “a yellow pregnant alien.” Poor Tay-Tay. It’s so tough being ahead of the curve.
As an adult, Swift is still a big fan of Halloween costumes. Last year she dressed up as a winged unicorn (also known as a “pegacorn.”) This Halloween, she’ll be performing in Tampa, so stay tuned. Maybe she’ll trot out an even more elaborate costume during the show.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com