Before she was the biggest pop star on the planet, Taylor Swift was just a weird little girl who, like many of us, enjoyed dressing up in weird Halloween costumes. On Wednesday, she was kind enough to share a photo of one her best childhood costumes:
Yes, that’s a young Taylor Alison Swift dressed up as a Teletubby. The only problem with this costume, as she points out in the caption, was that this went down before the Teletubbies became wildly popular, so all the other kids wondered why she was dressed as “a yellow pregnant alien.” Poor Tay-Tay. It’s so tough being ahead of the curve.
As an adult, Swift is still a big fan of Halloween costumes. Last year she dressed up as a winged unicorn (also known as a “pegacorn.”) This Halloween, she’ll be performing in Tampa, so stay tuned. Maybe she’ll trot out an even more elaborate costume during the show.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.