Seinabo Sey’s Pretend, released last Friday, is one of the best debut albums of the year. To cap off her success, the Swedish singer just shared her new music video for the song “Poetic.” The stark black-and-white clip finds Sey navigating a dark room toward a light, which is a spot-on metaphor for Pretend and all its songs about pushing through procrastination and self-doubt to find inspiration. “Sometimes you need that dark space or those thoughts to see the light,” she told TIME earlier this year of songs like “Younger.” Let’s hope it’s happy tears that she’s crying in the video, then.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This