Jimmy Fallon is opening up about taking another trip to the hospital – and couldn’t help but make fun of himself.
“Welcome to the Tonight Show, I’m your host Trippy Fallon,” the late night emcee began his opening monologue, wearing a yellow construction hat and safety glasses.
“I’ve had another mishap. This time I injured my other hand right after getting an award from Harvard.” The father-of-two showed off his Sesame Street band-aids that covered up his latest hand injury.
“That’s right – even when I get into Harvard, I still embarrass my parents,’ Fallon, 41, joked.
The Saturday Night Live alum took a tumble on Saturday in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he was to be by the Harvard Lampoon. He fell while holding a bottle of Jaegermeister, and was treated at Massachusetts General Hospital for an injury to his right hand. The fall came four months after Fallon badly injured his left hand after a fall in June.
“Some girl knelt down, I didn’t see her,” he explained as he acted out his fall. “So I threw the bottle and landed on broken glass. There’s pools of blood everywhere.”
Following his stumble, the comedian continued to take photos with fans and students before he received medical help.
“The EMT said you should go to hospital to check for glass. I’m so used to going to hospitals,” Fallon hilariously recalled.
“Couple band-aids, I’m fine.”
Fallon posted about his new injury on Instagram on Sunday.
“Nothing that a few band aids couldn’t fix,” he wrote alongside a photo of his right hand, which had two band-aids on it.
Later, Fallon was snapped in an Instagram partying with the rest of the Lampoon squad – with his hand heavily re-bandaged.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This