A New Mexico man was arrested last Thursday after allegedly beating his friend to death with a microwave and a guitar, all because he thought the friend had begun to “change into a zombie.”
Damon Perry, 23, told police that he had been binge-watching The Walking Dead on Netflix before the incident, according to KOB 4 Albuquerque.
Police originally responded to 911 calls about Perry running around his apartment complex threatening people with a knife. Officers arrived to find two maintenance workers holding Perry down.
Christopher Paquin, 23, was found unresponsive inside a nearby apartment and pronounced dead at the scene. Perry told detectives that the two had been drinking, after which Perry says he thought Paquin had begun to turn into a zombie and try to bite him.
Perry beat Paquin with his hands, feet, a microwave and an electric guitar, police said.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time