A New Mexico man was arrested last Thursday after allegedly beating his friend to death with a microwave and a guitar, all because he thought the friend had begun to “change into a zombie.”
Damon Perry, 23, told police that he had been binge-watching The Walking Dead on Netflix before the incident, according to KOB 4 Albuquerque.
Police originally responded to 911 calls about Perry running around his apartment complex threatening people with a knife. Officers arrived to find two maintenance workers holding Perry down.
Christopher Paquin, 23, was found unresponsive inside a nearby apartment and pronounced dead at the scene. Perry told detectives that the two had been drinking, after which Perry says he thought Paquin had begun to turn into a zombie and try to bite him.
Perry beat Paquin with his hands, feet, a microwave and an electric guitar, police said.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization