For a party that’s always talking about “making America great again,” Obama thinks the Republicans are pretty down on the U.S. of A.
At the Democratic Women’s Leadership Forum on Friday, the President compared the GOP to the famous Internet feline Grumpy Cat, ABC reports.
“Why is it that Republican politicians are so down on America?” he asked. “Have you noticed that? I mean they are, they are gloomy. They’re like grumpy cat.” Mugging for the crowd, Obama then made a facial impression of the famously unimpressed cat.
“Everything’s terrible according to them,” he said, channeling the furry pessimist. “We’re doomed.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time