Adele has written some scorching break-up songs, but you probably won’t find any of those on her long-awaited new album.
After teasing new music in a television spot over the weekend, the “Skyfall” singer wrote fans a letter on Twitter that said her new album, titled 25 in the vein of her last two records, will be not a break-up record but a “make-up record.”
“I’m making up with myself,” she wrote. “Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did. But I haven’t got time to hold on to the crumbs of my past like I used to. What’s done is done. Turning 25 was a turning point for me.”
She also apologized to fans for the long wait between albums. “I’m sorry it took so long,” she says of the upcoming LP, expected in November, “but you know, life happened.” (She had her first child in 2012.)
Read next: Hear Sia’s New Song ‘Alive,’ Co-Written By Adele
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction