Nearly a year after the first teaser came out, fans are finally getting an extended peek at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The new trailer, which debuted during Monday Night Football, came amid increased speculation about the old and new characters in the franchise. Fans noticed that Luke Skywalker was absent from the poster released on Sunday, and many have wondered exactly how new characters played by actors like Adam Driver and John Boyega will figure in the plot.
Viewers still have plenty of time to debate the significance of hints from the new trailer; the film opens in theaters Dec. 18.
- Epic New Poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Unveiled
- Star Wars Producer: ‘There’s Nothing We’d Like More Than to Find a Female Director’
- Actor Playing Black Stormtrooper to Commenters: ‘What Are You Going to Do About It?’
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement