Hillary Clinton was once told by legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta that she should cut her hair. Instead of listening to the style mogul’s advice, Clinton kept her hair long and continued to tie it back with the infamous scrunchies she wore during her First Lady era. Now, you can show your support for the 2016 presidential hopeful by rocking Hillary Scrunchies, a new line of hair ties emblazoned with the former Secretary of State’s face.
Hillary Scrunchies were created by entrepreneurs Morgan Gerard, 28, and Meredith Fineman, 26, who write on their site that they “represent American young women in business, friendship, and a lot of self-referential humor.”
Gerard and Fineman hope to send a message of female empowerment with their line of hair products. Fineman said that she wants people to stop judging Clinton solely for her fashion choices.
“It was a giant f*** you when people tried to riff on her for her appearance,” Fineman told Mashable. “She’s called out for whatever she wears and, in 2015, I’m not sure if her criticism of what she wears is even fair. Why not take it back and celebrate her?”
Hillary Scrunchies, which are not in any way involved with the campaign, are available for $10.99 each with a bandana for $9.99.
There is also a Michelle Obama print line in the works.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List