This Wednesday is Oct. 21, 2015, the date Doc Brown and Marty McFly visit Hill Valley, California via time-travel in 1989’s Back to the Future Part II—and a date that, like Mean Girls’ Oct. 3, has become something of an Internet holiday.
To celebrate, a Facebook profile for a certain Doctor Emmett Brown has popped up on the social media site, but this is no tribute account from some ’80s sci-fi enthusiast—it’s a bot that will actually interact with fans.
Doc’s Facebook timeline is full of updates about his progress on a “brainwave thought-to-text translator,” and now his invention seems to be working. “I’m back in 2015 and need help,” reads his latest post. “MESSAGE ME NOW!” Go ahead, try it—he’ll answer back in seconds. (Be prepared to break the bad news about hoverboards, though.)
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now