It’s been a while now since Jimmy Brooks was last seen on Degrassi, and Drake has been a bit busy feuding with Meek Mill and recording his next album, Views From the 6. But the singer sat down for W Art’s new cover story to talk art, music, and even movies — and he said he’s looking forward to acting again.
“I can’t wait to get back into acting,” Drake told W Art. “No one ever asks me to do movies, and although music is my focal point now, I’d love to do a film. That was the life I lived before, and it would be interesting to live it again.”
In the interview, Drake also touched a little on Meek Mill, explaining what he meant when he wrote “I signed up for greatness” to a fan on Twitter.
“Realizing that I had a larger purpose was one of the most comforting, peaceful feelings,” he said. “With music, especially, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a vessel to deliver emotion to people. I want to provide the background music to your life as you live it. I’m there for you in heartbreak and tragedy and joy. The thought of being remembered is what keeps me going.”
The new issue of W Art will hit newsstands on Oct. 27. Check out the cover below, and read the full interview here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This