Lucky Charms wants consumers to enter to win a chance to get one of ten available boxes of Lucky Charms that contains only the best part — the rainbow-colored marshmallows. All you have to do is send a photo of yourself holding an “imaginary box” with the appropriate hashtag via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram between Oct. 14-18. The brand also hopes rapper Biz Markie will inspire you to play along in a sort of psychedelic ad.
Rather than humiliate yourself by allowing the company to tweet a photo of you holding nothing, just think: While a marshmallow-only box might sound like a dream come true, arguably the whole fun of eating the cereal is the challenge of trying to find the rainbow-colored marshmallow bits in a milky sea of boring oat pieces. So once the game no longer exists, you’ll just be left with a lot of overly-sweet, rainbow-colored shapes that are too rich to eat more than a spoonful of. Sometimes less is more, kids. Also, we don’t need any more excuses to take selfies.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy