Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling did it in Crazy, Stupid, Love, and so have many couples hoping to use their weddings as a vehicle for Internet fame. But Jennifer Grey doesn’t understand why anyone would replicate her and Patrick Swayze’s iconic lift from 1987’s Dirty Dancing.
“I don’t know how all these people who re-enact it have the guts to throw themselves into the arms of anyone other than Patrick Swayze,” Gray tells The Guardian. “It’s insane!”
Grey, now 55, admits the lift was a one-time-only situation. “I only did it on the day I shot it,” she says. “Never rehearsed it, never done it since.”
And don’t even thinking about asking the star of Amazon’s Red Oaks to reproduce the move herself.
“Watch it over and over again but never ask me to do it again because I’m too f—ing old,” Grey says. “I have a family and I want to live longer.”
For more from Grey, head to The Guardian.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk