Guinness World Record-holder Isao Machii is a master of laido, a Japanese sword-based martial art, and he’s been using his swordplay skills to slice speeding objects for a few years now. The latest stunt from the man deemed a “modern-day samurai”? Cutting a 100 mph baseball in half while standing about 30 feet away from where it was fired. You can see it all go down in the two-minute clip, below, but pay close attention—the actual slicing of the baseball happens in the blink of an eye around the 25-second mark.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.