The weather outside is not yet frightful, but we’re confident that Bill Murray’s Christmas special will be delightful. Netflix just released a new trailer for the special, titled A Very Murray Christmas, which premieres on Dec. 4.
The project was directed and co-written by Sofia Coppola and, we now know, stars celebs like George Clooney, Miley Cyrus, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Rashida Jones, Chris Rock and more.
“It just started from wanting to see Bill sing and our fondness for those old Christmas specials that were on TV in the ’70s and ’80s,” Coppola told People.
As you’ll see in the trailer, it looks like this will be a very musical special, but Murray promises that there will be some plot too. “We’re going to do it like a little movie. It won’t have a format, but it’s going to have music,” he told Variety. “It will have texture. It will have threads through it that are writing. There will be prose.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow