Olivia Pope’s band of legal warriors have been known for their tenacity, but never quite like this. Columbus Short, who plays Harrison on ABC’s Scandal, was arrested Wednesday in Los Angeles on a felony charge that alleges he seriously injured a man during a fight at a Los Angeles restaurant on March 15.
According to Police, Short was involved in a dispute with a man before hitting him and knocking him out. Further details have not been released at this time.
This is not Short’s first run-in with the law. In 2010 he was charged with felony battery but pled no contest to a lesser charge the following year. In February, he was charged with misdemeanor spousal battery and pled not guilty.
If convicted, the 31-year-old actor could face up to four years in prison. According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC has declined to comment on the arrest.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com