Donald Trump made a calculated attempt to steal the show during Tuesday’s Democratic Debate—even though he wasn’t on stage.
The Republican frontrunner live-tweeted the debate, egging on his followers and taking shots at the Democrats, but he wasn’t too pleased by what he saw.
Here are some of Trump’s best Tweets:
On Sanders saying that “black lives matter:”
Hillary Clinton’s email scandal:
On the Democratic field:
On how bored he was:
By the end of the night, Trump had added some 60,000 Twitter followers according to analysis by Vocativ. Sanders had accumulated a further 28,000 while Clinton attracted a mere 10,000 new followers.
And in a surprise tweet Wednesday morning, Trump praised Hillary Clinton’s performance:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now