Emma Watson took to Twitter to voice her support for Jennifer Lawrence after Lenny Letter, a new feminist newsletter produced by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner, released a piece on Tuesday in which Lawrence addressed Hollywood sexism.
“Jennifer Lawrence I love you so,” Watson wrote.
She also tweeted a quote from Lawrence’s essay about the gender pay gap: “I’m over trying to find the ‘adorable’ way to state my opinion.”
Watson also retweeted others who were backing Lawrence on Twitter. “Great article! Totally relatable even though she does make millions. We have to fight at all levels or we’ll never be equal,” Watson retweeted user Clo Jocelyne.
It’s no surprise, as Watson has been consistently supporting women’s rights in the wake of her Harry Potter fame. The star works on HeForShe, a campaign she launched for the U.N. last year, and recently spoke about it has further opened her eyes to the issues women face.
“I have experienced sexism in that I have been directed by male directors 17 times and only twice by women,” she told the Guardian early this year. “Of the producers I’ve worked with 13 have been male and only one has been a woman.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization