Emma Watson took to Twitter to voice her support for Jennifer Lawrence after Lenny Letter, a new feminist newsletter produced by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner, released a piece on Tuesday in which Lawrence addressed Hollywood sexism.
“Jennifer Lawrence I love you so,” Watson wrote.
She also tweeted a quote from Lawrence’s essay about the gender pay gap: “I’m over trying to find the ‘adorable’ way to state my opinion.”
Watson also retweeted others who were backing Lawrence on Twitter. “Great article! Totally relatable even though she does make millions. We have to fight at all levels or we’ll never be equal,” Watson retweeted user Clo Jocelyne.
It’s no surprise, as Watson has been consistently supporting women’s rights in the wake of her Harry Potter fame. The star works on HeForShe, a campaign she launched for the U.N. last year, and recently spoke about it has further opened her eyes to the issues women face.
“I have experienced sexism in that I have been directed by male directors 17 times and only twice by women,” she told the Guardian early this year. “Of the producers I’ve worked with 13 have been male and only one has been a woman.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time