Bridget Jones is back, and the latest film in the franchise, Bridget Jones’s Baby, now has an official release date.
With Sharon Maguire back to direct, star Renee Zellweger will reprise the titular role of Bridget, alongside Colin Firth, who plays Bridget’s longtime love, Mark Darcy. At the end of the second film, Bridget accepted Mark’s marriage proposal, and now a new surprise is in store for our heroine — a pregnancy. (And, it seems, she’s ditched her signature diary in favor of something a little more high-tech.) Patrick Dempsey, who teased starting work on the film last month, will join the duo.
Based on the novels by Helen Fielding, the new film follows 2001’s Bridget Jones’s Diary and 2004’s Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. From Universal Pictures, Miramax, and Studiocanal, Bridget Jones’s Baby will arrive in theaters Sept. 16, 2016.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving