The rapper T.I. won’t be casting a ballot for Hillary Clinton or any other woman in 2016, he said during a radio interview with DJ Whoo Kid released Tuesday.
“Not to be sexist but, I can’t vote for the leader of the free world to be a woman,” T.I. said. “Just because, every other position that exists, I think a woman could do well. But the president? It’s kinda like, I just know that women make rash decisions emotionally. They make very permanent, cemented decisions – and then later, it’s kind of like it didn’t happen, or they didn’t mean for it to happen. And I sure would hate to just set off a nuke. [Other world leaders won’t be able to negotiate] foreign policy; the world ain’t ready yet. I think you might be able to the Lochness Monster elected before you could [get a woman elected].”
T.I. said Donald Trump is the “best showman” in the field and expressed confidence in The Donald’s ability to use his business acumen to help the American economy.
“But you know, his racist remarks and all of his off-color statements and all that s**t,” he said, “it makes it impossible to be completely supportive of him. But just knowing what he’s done for business for himself, if he intends to do that for America, it would be beneficial. But I can’t cash no vote for him.”
It didn’t take long for T.I. to reconsider the wisdom of his remarks—before noon on Tuesday he was already doing the public contrition dance.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow