A friend of mine has made the argument to me that you learn as much from fiction as you do from non-fiction.
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats supports that argument because it relates to things I’ve covered.
On psychology and mental models:
This piece originally appeared on Farnam Street.
Join over 60,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List