A friend of mine has made the argument to me that you learn as much from fiction as you do from non-fiction.
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats supports that argument because it relates to things I’ve covered.
On psychology and mental models:
This piece originally appeared on Farnam Street.
Join over 60,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now