American attitudes about Columbus Day—and the history of colonialism it invokes—span a spectrum. And here to weigh in, with equal parts cultural awareness and bong hits, are Broad City’s Abbi Abrams (Abbi Jacobson) and Ilana Wexler (Ilana Glazer), who disagree on how best to observe the day.
For Abbi, the holiday is “the national day of not doing s—.” For Ilana, it pays tribute to a man who “raped and pillaged his way through America.” But although the pair don’t see eye to eye on whether it’s right to stay home from work, they can agree on one thing: The only Chris Columbus worth celebrating is the one who brought us Home Alone.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time