The Cyber Activists Who Wants to Shut Down ISIS – Simon Cottee, The Atlantic
ISIS vs. cyber-nerd vigilante. If there’s a better stand-in for the complexities of modern combat, I haven’t seen it.
What It’s Like to Grow Up as a Closeted Gay Extremist Muslim — Sohail Ahmed, Vice
Sexual repression meets brainwashing. A combustible combination.
The Secret Maoist Chinese Operation That Conquered Malaria—and Won a Nobel – Jia-Chen Fu, The New Republic
Iran’s Identity Crisis – Kim Ghattas, Foreign Policy
If the lifting of sanctions raises public expectations for more change and puts a lot more disposable income in people’s pockets, what will that mean for the aspirations of Iran’s young people for a more “modern” way of life and the desire of conservatives to prevent them from having it?
Equal Opportunity Terrorism –Farahnaz Ispahani & Nina Shea, The Weekly Standard
Sadism has no gender.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science