Matt Jackson, a paralegal from Washington, D.C., has won over $230,000 during his run on Jeopardy! While his winning streak is impressive in itself, the 23-year-old has done more than just come out on top: he’s crushed the competition every night he has appeared on the quiz competition. No one has even come close to beating him, according to Vulture.
However, Jackson’s trivia excellence is only part of the reason he has gained such a large following. The contestant plays the game with a certain panache that people couldn’t help but take notice of as he continued to win. A rapid-fire answering style, signature catchphrase and quirky introduction have made Jackson a fast Internet favorite.
The paralegal’s penchant for celebratorily shouting “boom!” and his ability to perfectly time his slow-spreading smile with the camera zoom have been parodied all over social media.
Will Jackson be the one to finally break Ken Jennings’s 74-game streak? Stay tuned to find out.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org