To make an alternate version of Will Butler’s “Anna” video from earlier this year, director Brantley Gutierrez enlisted Emma Stone and the famous Queen Mary ship, located in Long Beach, California.
Stone dances like no one’s watching through an array of set pieces inspired by old Hollywood musicals in the video, which features choreography from Ryan Heffington, best known for Sia’s “Chandelier.” “Anna” is a treat, and should tide Stone fans looking for throwback Hollywood glamour over until La La Land, the musical she’s making with Ryan Gosling and director Damien Chazelle (Whiplash), arrives next year.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart