The Power Rangers reboot has found its pink crime fighter, and it’s none other than Naomi Scott.
Scott was most recently seen in the The Martian alongside Matt Damon and co-starred in the sci-fi series Terra Nova. In 2014, she released an album, Invisible Division.
The news was announced the via Instagram in @powerrangersmovie’s first and only post.
“It’s official!” the post reads alongside a profile shot of Scott. “#NaomiScott will play the #PinkRanger in the @PowerRangersMovie! Coming in 2017…”
Scott confirmed the news via her own Instagram and a followup tweet: “I’m freaking out.”
The film will take the 90s-era cult television hit, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which also inspired two feature films: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie in 1995 and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie in 1997.
The film, to be released in 2017, is directed by Dean Israelite and re-envisions the squad as high schoolers who use their superpowers to save the world.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve