Russian President Vladimir Putin celebrated his 63rd birthday on Wednesday by hitting the ice.
Putin played on a team with former Russian hockey professionals, Vyacheslav Fetisov and Pavel Bure. Putin scored seven goals and his team won the 15-10, the Associated Press reports. Putin was given a trophy for the win and a medal for his contributions to Russian hockey, according to the AP.
The Russian president was briefed earlier in the day about the country’s air force operation in Syria.
Across Russia, other celebrations in Putin’s honor included an exhibition of portraits of him as different characters from Che Guevara to Buddha held in Moscow.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time