Tom Hanks‘ charitable lost-and-found service is a big success!
The actor’s viral search for a Fordham University student in an attempt to return her lost student ID is officially over: Lauren has been found! Now she just needs that identification card back.
The college student appeared on Good Morning America on Wednesday, a day after Hanks tweeted a photo of her card, which he found in a New York City park.
“I go to Fordham University and I live in Lincoln Center,” Lauren explained during GMA‘s Pop News segment. The student was headed into a nearby park for a run, with her ID stuck into a running arm band with her phone. When she removed the phone to take a “fall” Instagram photo, Lauren said the ID fell out, unbeknownst to her.
Lauren said she didn’t respond to Hanks immediately because she doesn’t have a Twitter profile. It was her professor who finally brought the epic discovery to her attention.
“I’m sitting in the library trying to get homework done, and I get an email with a link to Twitter that said ‘You’re famous,’ ” she said.
Needless to say, Lauren didn’t get any homework done.
The student, who already paid $20 dollars to get a new card, said she still hasn’t heard from Hanks’ office.
“Tom, I’m here,” she joked.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating