An amateur drone pilot did a whale of a job filming the moment when two whales swam right up to a paddleboarder in Esperance, a town in Western Australia.
The drone’s operator Jaimen Hudson told ABC Esperance that he had showed up to Fourth Beach to film the whales swimming when he spotted a paddleboarder, neighbor Dave Price, who turned out to be the star of the video — which is set to Jack Johnson’s “Imagine.” The clip, uploaded by Hudson, who describes himself on Instagram as a “Quadriplegic with a Quad-Copter,” has racked up more than 1.3 million views since it was uploaded to YouTube on September 24.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow