When you collaborate with Beyoncé, she’ll make sure to return the favor.
Last year, she made a guest appearance on Nicki Minaj’s “Feeling Myself” after the rapper showed up on her “Flawless” remix, and now she’s paying Drake back for his contributions to the song “Mine” from her 2013 surprise album.
The song in this case is actually something fans have heard before: earlier this year, a snippet of a new Drake song purportedly called “Can I” hit the web and featured guest vocals from Bey. Over the weekend, Drake played the song in full on his OVO Sound show on Apple Music’s Beats 1 station, and the final product is…not dramatically different from what fans had already heard.
With a run time of about two minutes, it almost feels more like an interlude than a full song, and Drake doesn’t exactly take advantage of Beyoncé’s talent, relegating her to only a few clipped phrases. Still, new Beyoncé is still new Beyoncé, no matter the format. Take a listen here:
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time