Five years ago, Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom took a picture of a dog in Mexico near a taco stand, with a guest appearance by his girlfriend’s foot. This was the very first Instagram photo ever taken.
“Had I known it would have been the first photo posted on Instagram as it is today, I think I would have tried a little harder,” said Systrom. The photo was posted with a filter called X-PRO2, which still exists.
Today, over 400 million users share over 80 millions of photos each day on Instagram, the company said recently.
- Here Are the 5 Most Popular Instagram Photos of All Time
- This is What the Future of Instagram Looks Like
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time