Five years ago, Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom took a picture of a dog in Mexico near a taco stand, with a guest appearance by his girlfriend’s foot. This was the very first Instagram photo ever taken.
“Had I known it would have been the first photo posted on Instagram as it is today, I think I would have tried a little harder,” said Systrom. The photo was posted with a filter called X-PRO2, which still exists.
Today, over 400 million users share over 80 millions of photos each day on Instagram, the company said recently.
- Here Are the 5 Most Popular Instagram Photos of All Time
- This is What the Future of Instagram Looks Like
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve