Five years ago, Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom took a picture of a dog in Mexico near a taco stand, with a guest appearance by his girlfriend’s foot. This was the very first Instagram photo ever taken.
“Had I known it would have been the first photo posted on Instagram as it is today, I think I would have tried a little harder,” said Systrom. The photo was posted with a filter called X-PRO2, which still exists.
Today, over 400 million users share over 80 millions of photos each day on Instagram, the company said recently.
- Here Are the 5 Most Popular Instagram Photos of All Time
- This is What the Future of Instagram Looks Like
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out