Five years ago, Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom took a picture of a dog in Mexico near a taco stand, with a guest appearance by his girlfriend’s foot. This was the very first Instagram photo ever taken.
“Had I known it would have been the first photo posted on Instagram as it is today, I think I would have tried a little harder,” said Systrom. The photo was posted with a filter called X-PRO2, which still exists.
Today, over 400 million users share over 80 millions of photos each day on Instagram, the company said recently.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Francesca Trianni at firstname.lastname@example.org