At this point, Taylor Swift has inducted enough people into her squad of celebrity friends to staff her own football team. So far, her celebrity guests range from Nelly and Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant and, um, Matt LeBlanc. (Check out the full list of special guests on her 1989 tour here.) At this rate, if she keeps going, she’ll have absorbed the entire world. Which is exactly what happens in this skit from last night’s Saturday Night Live.
In the not-so-distant future, almost everyone on earth has joined Swift’s squad. “First it was the models, then the athletes,” Kenan Thompson says. “Then it was everybody. Police, fire department, Matt LeBlanc…”
The result is an eerie, post-apocalyptic world where everyone spends their days lying on matching American flag towels. “She’s actually very generous with her friends,” Aidy Bryant explains.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color