At this point, Taylor Swift has inducted enough people into her squad of celebrity friends to staff her own football team. So far, her celebrity guests range from Nelly and Mick Jagger to Kobe Bryant and, um, Matt LeBlanc. (Check out the full list of special guests on her 1989 tour here.) At this rate, if she keeps going, she’ll have absorbed the entire world. Which is exactly what happens in this skit from last night’s Saturday Night Live.
In the not-so-distant future, almost everyone on earth has joined Swift’s squad. “First it was the models, then the athletes,” Kenan Thompson says. “Then it was everybody. Police, fire department, Matt LeBlanc…”
The result is an eerie, post-apocalyptic world where everyone spends their days lying on matching American flag towels. “She’s actually very generous with her friends,” Aidy Bryant explains.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating