In the Alaska town of North Pole, a man whose legal name is Santa Claus is running for a City Council seat.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports that Claus is one of two candidates who have launched write-in campaigns for the office. The City Council has two seats up for election this year, but no one filed for office during the regular filing period.
The Kris Kringle-dubbed candidate is the former president of the North Pole Chamber of Commerce. He is running against La Nae Bellamy and will need voters to write in his name on Oct. 6 to win the new position.
If Claus wins, we can only hope Alaska City Council members get Christmas off from work.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time