Apple has appointed former Boeing Chief Financial Officer James Bell to its board of directors, the company announced Thursday.
Bell, who worked at Boeing for 38 years, also served as corporate president and interim CEO. “James brings a wealth of global, financial and industrial experience from his successful career at Boeing as corporate president and CFO,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a release.
Bell is also a board member for JP Morgan Chase and Dow Chemical Company, among other businesses. He will be the only African-American person on Apple’s eight-person board, which also includes two women.
In 2014 Apple’s board committed to increasing its diversity
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization