As part of Dove’s ongoing campaign to boost female self-esteem and celebrate female beauty in all shapes and sizes, a new ad shows teen girls talking about how they would like to change their appearance. The girls with straight hair wish that they had curly hair, while the girls with curly hair wish that they had straight hair. Tall girls wish that they were shorter, and short girls wish that they were taller. Anyone who has been on a sleepover or eaten at a cafeteria table with a lot of young girls will remember this kind of yearning well.
And now on Pinterest, the epitome of wistful feelings on the Internet, Dove has created “confidence-boosting boards” with more than “80 pins of self-esteem activities” so girls and their parents can share words of encouragement.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time