Trevor Noah made his debut on The Daily Show Monday night, when he officially took over for the recently retired Jon Stewart. The 31-year-old South African comedian has received mixed reviews so far, but there’s one person who is thrilled about the new turn The Daily Show has taken. And that’s Neil deGrasse Tyson.
The astrophysicist tweeted a note of congratulations to Noah, and also expressed his delight that the show has finally solved its biggest problem:
Back in 2012, deGrasse Tyson told Stewart that his Earth was spinning the wrong direction, so this is something that has clearly been bothering him for years. (The show’s graphics department apparently created a new, scientifically accurate opening sequence the next time deGrasse Tyson made an appearance.)
We’re just glad everything has finally been sorted out.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time